Re: Wednesdays Telecon; Call for agenda

ScreenReaderActive, ScreenReaderName, ScreenReaderVersion should also fall
under the privacy discussion.

Do we want to address whitespace between characters and lines in v1.0? Andy
and I did not include this in our proposal as this is considered a more
advanced feature. A feature would be required to allow adjust the spacing
both vertically and horizontally. We have this feature in AccessForAll
extended preferences vs. core.

Also, keys may be an issue as mobile devices may not have keys. We should
decide how we are going to address this.

I am also not sure this is a 1.0 item but one really big problem is that
content providers are pushing down bitmaps of Math vs. MathML. Unlike
bitmaps,  MathML can be processed and read by assistive technologies like
MathPlayer plus an AT. Should we have a setting to ask that content
providers deliver MathML vs. bitmaps of Math? I am ok with addressing this
beyond 1.0 but note that it is a big problem. One reason this has been
there has been for older browsers not being able to render MathML or
because a math render like MathJax has not been provided. The browser
should know.  Users with Cognitive impairments need Math to be spoken
verbally in chunks. If the content provider sends down a bitmap in all
situations just to play it safe then then nothing can be done to assist the
user.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger