Re: pan, rotation, move and zoom request events

On Mar 11, 2013, at 3:44 PM, Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net> wrote:

> James Craig <jcraig@apple.com> wrote:
>
>> I think that depends on the application. In most cases, I would expect the
>> zoom event to be centered on the x/y coordinates if they were provided. If
>> origin coordinates are not provided, zoom would probably be centered in the
>> middle of the current view.
>
> That's reasonable. Could you perhaps clarify it in the text without
> unduly limiting what applications do?

Note: Web authors may use originX and originY in the way they deem most appropriate for the context of their application. In most cases, web applications receiving zoomrequest events will center the UI "zoom" on the originX/originY coordinates if they are provided. If origin coordinates are not provided, such as in the case of a keyboard-only zoom event, web authors will likely center the UI "zoom" in the middle of the receiving view.

Changeset
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/IndieUI/rev/35fafbb2975e