Re: User Contexts: identifying assistive technologies

Yes, that is similar to what we had proposed (although not in that detail)
in AccessForAll. We had an ATInteroperable property which stated:

A preference for resources that is compatible with assistive technologies.

Resources that are interoperable with AT should be selected whenever
possible.  Interoperability is indicated by compliance with WCAG 2.0
checkpoints: 1.1.1, 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 2.4.4, 3.1.1, 3.1.2, 3.3.2, 4.1.1 and
4.1.2.The specific details of the AT are normally provided by a user agent
or the operating system.  The example of ‘atInteroperable=true’ expresses
this statement: “resources that are interoperable with AT should be
selected whenever possible”.

In our extended model we refined this for more detail in terms of
AccessibilityAPI as a property which contained an enumerated list that
included AndroidAccessibility, WAI-ARIAv1, MSAA, and so on.

To your point, it would be cleaner to state what web technologies were
needed to support interoperability regardless of what it is used to
support.

We could then refine that to say

Rich Schwerdtfeger