a web app example that does the simplePresentation

From: Andy Heath <andyheath@axelrod.plus.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 23:58:25 +0000
To: public-indie-ui@w3.org
Further to our discussion today I came across this web app running on an
iPod touch - the first image (86) is in its normal operation mode and
the other two (87 and 88) are in what it calls "Car Mode".  There are
two points here:

1. With the present state of affairs one has to go into its settings
for that app and select Car Mode to get the simple interface.  If a user
has a simplePresentation preference set to true and the web app is able
to know that it could enter this mode without need for explicit
preference setting.  One might even envisage a device detecting that it
was being used by a driver operating a vehicle and the device itself
setting it to true and alerting the web app to that change.

2. That a preference is set (either by the device or by the user at the
user interface) does not mean that a web app must respond to that
preference - merely that it could.  Without any knowledge of the
preference then nothing is possible at all.

Cheers

andy
--
Andy Heath