W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-indie-ui@w3.org > November 2012

Minutes IndieUI Teleconference 28 November 2012

From: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 14:49:29 -0500
Message-ID: <50B66AC9.2050903@w3.org>
To: public-indie-ui@w3.org
Minutes of the 28 November 2012 IndieUI meeting are posted to
http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-minutes.html and copied below.


  Independent User Interface Task Force Teleconference


    28 Nov 2012

Agenda
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-indie-ui/2012Nov/0040.html>

See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-irc>


    Attendees

Present
    Katie_Haritos-Shea, Joseph_Scheuhammer, James_Craig, Michael_Cooper,
    hober, Rich, [Apple]
Regrets
    Janina_Sajka
Chair
    Michael_Cooper
Scribe
    ryladog, MichaelC


    Contents

    * Topics <http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-minutes.html#agenda>
         1. Telecon Time Scheduling
            <http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-minutes.html#item01>
         2. Editors Draft
            <http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-minutes.html#item02>
         3. Edits
            <http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-minutes.html#item03>
         4. OPen Action Item
            <http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-minutes.html#item04>
    * Summary of Action Items
      <http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

<trackbot> Date: 28 November 2012

<Ryladog> scribe:ryladog


      Telecon Time Scheduling

MC: Time 6pm eastern with one bi-weekly at the other time
... One ever 4 weeks at any particular call time
... Is that a correct summary?
... Is this a good idea to have alternating call times?

RS: good idea

<jcraig> +1

+1

<clown> http://www.w3.org/2012/11/14-indie-ui-minutes.html#item02

MC: One every 4 weeks at this time, and once every 4 weeks at the other time
... Resolutions: Indie UI will designate alternate call times
... Not sure if it went to the list

<jcraig> The specific time of the other call should go to the list

MC: Suggested Easter 1pm and 5pm on Wenesdays
... Suggested Eastern Time 1pm and 5pm on Wednesdays


      Editors Draft


      Edits

JC: I have a list that I am working on
... some are substance and some are editorial
... Probably not controversial, but may need some discussion

<MichaelC> IndieUI Events Editors´ Draft
<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/IndieUI/raw-file/tip/src/indie-ui-events.html>

MC: To follow progress please look at this ediotrs darft


      OPen Action Item

MC: Most are for folks that are not here today

<MichaelC> Open Actions <https://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/actions/open>

<MichaelC> action-29?

<trackbot> ACTION-29 -- Sangwhan Moon to send list of Opera use cases
and suggest requirements for mainstream events -- due 2012-12-01 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/actions/29

MC: Pending Operra Use Cases

<MichaelC> action-18

<clown> action-18?

<trackbot> ACTION-18 -- Andy Heath to summarize important or common
preferences/keys list from AfA/APIP/GPII, etc. and send to the IndieUI
group for discussion and potential inclusion in the User Context
deliverable. -- due 2012-11-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/actions/18

MC: Andy has one that is not urgent. Should we postpone the due date to
31 january?
... JC says yes

<MichaelC> action-18 due 31 January

<trackbot> ACTION-18 Summarize important or common preferences/keys list
from AfA/APIP/GPII, etc. and send to the IndieUI group for discussion
and potential inclusion in the User Context deliverable. due date now 31
January

MC: All other actons are on James
... Did we complete the wa;lthrough at the F2F?

JC: yes

MC: What can we get other people in the Working Group working on in the
meantime?
... Do we to be making proposals for features? Putting togehter test cases

JC: It may be early for that.

MC: Is there any way that wwe could assign so of the wok to anyone else?

JC: Awaiting for something from Andy. Maybe that is his action item we
just postponed
... Maaybe it was not an official action

<clown> http://www.w3.org/2012/11/14-indie-ui-minutes.html

JC: It is down the list, it says, Andy agreed to send text to the list
about user settings, sometime whether a natvie device cannot support a
feature

<MichaelC> *ACTION:* andy to send suggested text about implict vs
explict user settings and sending preferences even if client doesn´t
support [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-32 - Send suggested text about implict vs
explict user settings and sending preferences even if client doesn´t
support [on Andy Heath - due 2012-12-05].

<MichaelC> action-32: also see discussion at
http://www.w3.org/2012/11/14-indie-ui-minutes.html#item04

<trackbot> ACTION-32 Send suggested text about implict vs explict user
settings and sending preferences even if client doesn´t support notes added

<MichaelC> action-13?

<trackbot> ACTION-13 -- James Craig to add event for moving focus to the
app toolbar -- due 2012-10-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/actions/13

JC: Maybe something that would be covered by there are contects where
standard tab navigation is overwriten. Aria 2 you will be able to edit this
... THere is a key command on Mac and maybe on windows, that you move
the toolbar, amybe we could expose this so editing the toolbar
... It is specifically where tab and shift tab is overwritten
... If you tab into the text edit field, tab is going to insert a text
cahracter

JC; Using Ctrl+F5

Joseph: It doesnt work for me

JC: You have to enable all controls in keyboard shortcuts

Joseph: F5 is set to do that, but it is nnit doing that
... In ARIA Best Oractices we have a way to do this

JC: Compose a new message, try it there

Joseph: Thunderbird might not

JC: The purpose of this is we want an explicit event to that is like a
focus change and a key for different navigation mechanisms with
subsequent panels
... Maybe you could cycle through th toolbar. Like an implicit landmark
like navigation

Joseph: Yes, that is like a gui navigation
... I like that

<richardschwerdtfeger> can you not hear me

<richardschwerdtfeger> ?

no

RS: We have to deal with the lanmarks being nested
... and we fo this on the CK editor
... Ypu want to be able to go to the toolbar, I agree we need to ave
some kind of mechanism to go to the toolbar. And we need to fins a way to do
... navigation,but remeber that it ma be nested
... What were you thinking James?

<jcraig_> focus events, with particular token values like toolbar,
panel, main,

JC: Some of those could match up with landmarks

<jcraig> focusRequest maybe

<clown> https://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/issues/open

<MichaelC> scribe: MichaelC

issue-2?

<trackbot> ISSUE-2 -- Rotate -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/issues/2

jc: discussion taking place on list

perhaps can combine pan, zoom, rotate to variants of a single event

via x,x coordinate, rotation degree, scale factor on a single event with
start, change, end

so could be explict discrete event, or continuous event

mc: need a proposal for what the event would look like

<jcraig> My suggestion:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-indie-ui/2012Nov/0037.html

<jcraig> His reponse:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-indie-ui/2012Nov/0038.html

<scribe> *ACTION:* Rick to propose concrete feature for
UIZoomRequestEvent thread
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-indie-ui/2012Nov/0037.html
(please assign action to Michael Cooper if you don´t want to accept this
action) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-33 - Propose concrete feature for
UIZoomRequestEvent thread
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-indie-ui/2012Nov/0037.html
(please assign action to Michael Cooper if you don´t want to accept this
action) [on Rick Byers - due 2012-12-05].

<clown> issue-3?

<trackbot> ISSUE-3 -- SecondaryAction (aka "Context Menu") -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/issues/3

can come back later

issue-4?

<trackbot> ISSUE-4 -- Vendor specific preferences keys -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/issues/4

<scribe> *ACTION:* Lachlan to post his concerns on vendor specific keys
and any information about how other groups addressing the issue
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-34 - Post his concerns on vendor specific keys
and any information about how other groups addressing the issue [on
Lachlan Hunt - due 2012-12-05].

issue-5?

<trackbot> ISSUE-5 -- DOM event properties specification requires
coordination with Web Apps WG -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/issues/5

jc: to tackle after the properties in the spec

issue-6?

<trackbot> ISSUE-6 -- window.preferences extension to window object.
Need to coordinate with Web Apps Working Group. -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/issues/6

jc: to tackle after the properties in the spec

issue-7?

<trackbot> ISSUE-7 -- Discuss drag/drop with PF and HTML (need cut/copy
markers and well as drop targets) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/issues/7

jc: should tackle after markRequest action completed


    Summary of Action Items

*[NEW]* *ACTION:* andy to send suggested text about implict vs explict
user settings and sending preferences even if client doesn´t support
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-minutes.html#action01]
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* Lachlan to post his concerns on vendor specific keys
and any information about how other groups addressing the issue
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-minutes.html#action03]
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* Rick to propose concrete feature for
UIZoomRequestEvent thread
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-indie-ui/2012Nov/0037.html
(please assign action to Michael Cooper if you don´t want to accept this
action) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2012/11/28-indie-ui-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
version 1.137 (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2012-11-28 19:02:53 $

-- 

Michael Cooper
Web Accessibility Specialist
World Wide Web Consortium, Web Accessibility Initiative
E-mail cooper@w3.org <mailto:cooper@w3.org>
Information Page <http://www.w3.org/People/cooper/>
Received on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 19:52:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 28 November 2012 19:52:06 GMT