Re: [IndieUI Events] added UIZoomRequestEvent

As noted in the working group charter, gestures and discussion of what they represent are explicitly listed as out-of-scope. Please try to phrase your requests or suggestions in a way that can be inferred as independent from a particular modality or user interface paradigm.

I think the core of your request for a scale value is legitimate, but I don't think that would work well with the current 'discrete' events architecture, which is why I added this editorial note:

This may need to be split into zoomstartrequest, zoomchangerequest, and zoomendrequest events.

I've just updated the note to mention the possible addition of a scale attribute:

This may need to be split into zoomstartrequest, zoomchangerequest, and zoomendrequest events, with an optional scale attribute.