Re: Several event types are too discrete to be useful for touchscreen input

Great, thanks!  Sorry I'm not up-to-date on the minutes of this group (I
actually can't find the specific minutes you're referring to -
http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/wiki/Meetings/TPAC2012#Minutes says they're
TBD).

Is there a good reason to prefer polar co-ordinates to
cartesian co-ordinates?  If the goal is to enable apps to use these events
instead of mousewheel, it would help in adoption to have the co-ordinate
system be the same (and seems like most real use cases would end up having
to convert to delta-X and delta-Y values anyway).

Ok, so how about UIValueChangeRequestEvent then?  The spec mentions
"gestures on touch-enabled interfaces" as one of the scenarios.  Should it
also change to use some sort of continuous value instead of the four
different delta amounts specified by the enum?

Rick