Re: Consensus Call re the IndieUI TF Work Statement

James Craig <jcraig@apple.com> wrote:

> …if the web application receives the events, yes. However, there are
> existing scenarios (primarily with alternative interfaces for assistive
> technologies) where the web application will never receive the lower-level
> events and only receive the higher-level IndieUI event.

Yes, precisely, and the wording of the work item takes this into account. The
possibility is also left open that standards for new lower-level events (e.g.,
speech input) may be defined later, but this doesn't affect the IndieUI events
directly.

So, I suggest no change to the work item, except possibly an explicit
clarification that the low-level to abstract event mapping is beyond the
scope of the API to be specified. As mentioned, however, I think the existing
text clearly implies this, which is why I am satisfied with the text as it
stands and do not wish to disturb a consensus.