Re: Minutes: 22 Aug 2012 IndieUI WG

Katie,

Thanks for the additions.  Could you clarify one thing (see below)?

On 12-08-22 2:32 PM, Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL wrote:
> Joseph,
>
> Thank you! I just want to be sure to include the aspect of North, South, East and West along with clockwise and counterclockwise for 2D interfaces in the wiki and minutes.
>
> As well as the 3D depth aspect to expand/collapse tree navigation, such as a in a 3D chess or checkers instance.

I didn't quite understand this during the meeting.  What is it that one
is expanding/collapsing in a chess or checkers game?  Does it relate to
a tree representation of the potential states of the game?  By that I
mean, for example, it's white's move, and there are, say, 8 different
moves that white can make.  Any one of those leads to some number of
moves that black can respond with; and so on.  The moves by the two
sides can be represented in a tree structure, where sub-trees can be
revealed (expanded) or hidden (collapsed).

But, I'm not sure that's what you meant, since I don't see how that
relates to 3D.

Can you clarify?  Thanks.

--
;;;;joseph.

'A: After all, it isn't rocket science.'
'K: Right. It's merely computer science.'
              - J. D. Klaun -