Re: Presentation for India

On 19/11/2017 02:54, J. Alan Bird wrote:
> Attached is the first draft of a presentation we can send to
> organizations that we are talking to about supporting the new W3C India
> Internationalisation Programme.  Please provide me feedback ASAP so that
> we can send it out to get meetings during my trip.

Some more general comments on the slides:

[1] The slide set doesn't contain a strong statement about how the
language analysis and feature work drives and is driven by the
publishing initiatives.  Maybe some statement of that kind belongs on
slide 7(?).

[2] On slide 10, "These objectives require significant W3C Staff
increase andplus much increased participation from the Indian Language
community" sounds more like an enabler than a success criterion. I think
an important success criterion would be that the publishing industry in
India is better able to meet the needs of its stakeholders, or some such.

[3] Slide 12 doesn't mention earmarking, which i guess may be important
for the audience.

[4] nit: the final slide is usually up for quite a long time, and so i'd
prefer to see something useful on it - such as links to further info (if
short and easy to copy) or summary of the key message, etc.

hth,
ri