Re: Presentation for India

On 19/11/2017 02:54, J. Alan Bird wrote:
>     There is an "Indic Language" set of data in this presentation that
> was my best guess based on the Language Matrix that you have pointed me
> to.   I attached the .xls file that is the summary for me.  I also think
> that we need to be able to make your updated slides and the Project Plan
> World Readable so that we can move things to the next level of detail
> should discussions warrant.

hi Alan,

The spreadsheet has a few odd things going on, but i think that the
bottom line is that slide 9, which appears to indicate that we're
actually doing really well, ignores that:

1. the data we do have is not validated

2. there are many categories across the languages where we have question
marks.

These points lead to two things:

1. Slide 9 shows statistics that don't really have much to do with reality.

2. It also misses the point that we actually have a lot of investigative
work and requirements development to do, as part of the overall brief.
It's not until we've done that that we can start moving the 38% of the
languages to Advanced (or whatever the real percentages are).

I think it may help to use a customised version of the the matrix
instead - showing just the Indic languages. I can produce that for you
if you like?

ri