Re: Synchronized specs

Le 09/10/2014 11:37, Silvia Pfeiffer a écrit :
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 7:57 AM, Cyril Concolato
> <cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:
>> Le 08/10/2014 22:47, Silvia Pfeiffer a écrit :
>>>
>>> The GitHub versions are not what counts. Read the header of the spec to
>>> see what counts.
>>>
>> I'm lost then. What is the process ? Why are you merging pull requests in
>> the W3C Github version? How do you apply them on the dev.w3.org ?
>>

> GitHub is a means to develop the spec. It is not a means to publish
> it. Only specs published at the W3C count.
I don't think that's clear to everyone, especially when the conclusions
of the bugs are: "I've merged the pull request".
> I have a script that
> publishes the spec to the W3C code repository and run it to update the
> spec infrequently. Until we get to FPWD (maybe through the HTML WG),
> we will be running that way.
So in practice the latest spec is on GitHub, not on W3C.
I'm fine with the process. It's just that the result is confusing. Bugs
should either be closed by saying "I've merged the pull request and
published it on the W3C web site" and your script ran at that time.
Alternatively, the "latest editor's draft" link in the W3C hosted spec
should point to GitHub.

Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato