Re: MPEG-2 TS Closed Caption mapping

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 7:34 AM, Clift, Graham <Graham.Clift@am.sony.com>
> wrote:
> > The problem I identified related to passing a caption service of type
> line
> > 21 as an audio or video track
>
> If line21 captions are burnt into a video track, then exposing them as
> a video track makes sense. I don't understand how they would be
> exposed as an audio track.

Why does it make sense to expose captions data as a video track? ISTM that
these should be exposed as TextTracks since this is actually text/metadata
right? I would expect a video with line 21 data to create a VideoTrack for
the video and a TextTrack for the line21 caption data. That seems like the
most natural mapping to me.

Aaron