Re: Wiki update

few generic comments on the wiki

* the overview section doesn't mention DASH that is mentioned throughout
the wiki
http://www.w3.org/community/inbandtracks/wiki/Main_Page#Overview

* latest draft of HTML include the data track interface. This is not
mentioned in the requirements section
http://www.w3.org/community/inbandtracks/wiki/Main_Page#Requirements

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Bob Lund <B.Lund@cablelabs.com> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
>  About a week ago I outlined two implementation approaches on the Wiki
> [1] for exposing track metadata to Web applications. One uses a dedicated
> text track and the other proposes a new attribute for each video, audio and
> text track.
>
>  Today I updated [1] to highlight (I hope) the aspects of the
> implementation that are independent of the media resource format and those
> that are media resource format dependent. I then proposed how the media
> resource format specific parts would look for MPEG-2 TS.

the name may not be the most important thing at this point, but wouldn't
that be more a "trackType" or simply "type" rather than a "trackMetadata"?
Also, if people think there is a need for a track "type" regardless of the
type of track, I guess that means  inBandMetadataTrackDispatchType is not
needed anymore? (since each track will have a type, not only Metadata text
tracks?)

/g

 What is everyone's thoughts on the two approaches?