RE: liasion letter from Open IPTV Forum to W3C In-band Tracks Community Group

Brendan,

> This seems like an odd choice. Why not the PID?

In DVB networks, my (limited) understanding is that PIDs are changed as a TS passes through the distribution network but component tags remain unchanged. Certainly if you look in the DVB-SI specification, references from descriptors to elementary streams normally use a component tag and not a PID.

Jon