Re: AR Web

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 2:17 PM Stewart Smith <stew@rtsmith.io> wrote:

> Hi Rik. It sounds like the answer is a negative for now, but I cannot
> resist asking: Would you consider implementing the WebXR API in the near
> future? Granted it’s not finalized yet, but it soon will be and wow would
> that be fun to play with on Magic Leap! :)

WebXR is on our roadmap and we will support it in a future release.

> Forgive me, I have a few questions that I didn’t see Helio docs for.
> (Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place? What’s a more appropriate forum
> for Helio questions?)

you can find more information on Helio here:
https://creator.magicleap.com/learn/guides/helio
We have a forum here: https://forum.magicleap.com/hc/en-us/community/topics
but there's no specific one for Helio yet. "Lumin Runtime Development" is
likely your best bet.

See https://creator.magicleap.com/learn/guides/helio-debugging-guide

> You say you can grab 3D content out of the browser prism and place it in
> world space; can you also then place the object back into the browser
> frame?

No, once extracted, it can't be placed back in

> If so, can that browser window instance read the object’s data—like
> dropping an image into a regular desktop browser frame? Can 3D objects be
> passed *between* browser frames? (Sort of like pulling an object off a
> “browser shelf” to play with it and then later putting it away on a
> different shelf.)

No.
You could code it that way if you want, but prismatic does not expose that.

> Do you allow popups (with permission)?

Yes