Re: AR Web

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 3:38 PM Josh Carpenter <joshcarpenter@google.com>
wrote:

> Very interested
> <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ORdKs1wNe7QysRYSBtmW8LnMTFRu69gEwyOSrjIaZyA>, for
> a few years now
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.joshcarpenter.ca_declarative-2D3d_&d=DwMFaQ&c=0ia8zh_eZtQM1JEjWgVLZg&r=jahSgznxrAL5kPgsRvs7bhKUEd9M5X0d-NE2WJg7VT0&m=8qSrqoyV8BIuWpW8IXWml_lcNwGsymU3hZUX4SRaNag&s=s8FKpO91c8BveXEV69eAM0f9RIuFXoqfbyKIDTt8vME&e=>.
> :) And working on it
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_joshcarpenter_status_1017264305274740736&d=DwMFaQ&c=0ia8zh_eZtQM1JEjWgVLZg&r=jahSgznxrAL5kPgsRvs7bhKUEd9M5X0d-NE2WJg7VT0&m=8qSrqoyV8BIuWpW8IXWml_lcNwGsymU3hZUX4SRaNag&s=WeQdibmKutKtkV3ROcXAsINDm9QAoucU00KN5qO7uq8&e=> actively.
> Albeit as side project. Because the top priority (on my team, and I think
> safe to say, in the IWWG), is launching a healthy WebXR API 1.0. Am looking
> forward to sharing more, but don't have a concrete timeline for releasing
> things, yet. In interim am happy to chat.

Great to hear!
We did not implement an immersive WebXR-like solution. You will still see
your old web browser but now objects can be placed around it. There is no
WebGL involved. Slide 26 and 27 from your presentation
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ORdKs1wNe7QysRYSBtmW8LnMTFRu69gEwyOSrjIaZyA/edit#slide=id.g186a1bfda4_0_163>
are
close to what we have.
I *think* this means that it can be discussed and implemented separately
from WebXR.

What do you think?