Re: New Non-WG Mailing List: media-types -- IANA mailing list for reviewing Media Type (MIME Type, Content Type) registration requests

Thomas says...
> fyi.  This affects the media type registration procedures on the W3C side.

Indeed.  And to make things clear: the change is part of the cleaning
up and relaxing of registration procedures, which should, in general,
make things easier.  We wanted to make it clear that the media types
registrations are not just an IETF thing, and that they belong to IANA
(the relevant document [1] gives <media-types@iana.org> as the address
to use), not to the IETF.  For administrative reasons, the actual list
lives at <media-types@ietf.org>, and all the other addresses
(<media-types@iana.org>, <ietf-types@iana.org>, <ietf-types@ietf.org>)
redirect there.  All subscriptions to the old list have already been
transferred to the new one, and the archive has also been moved to the
new list.  We hope this should be pretty seamless.

Barry, IETF Applications AD

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs