Re: web+: enabling websites to expose services with custom URI schemes to registerProtocolHandler.

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:33:34 +0200
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
CC: Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, public-ietf-w3c@w3.org
On 2012-08-01 19:33, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> Following the morning discussion, here are the links to the web+
> definition:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/system-state-and-capabilities.html#custom-handlers
>    look for the item on scheme (registerProtocolHandler() only)
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/iana.html#web-scheme-prefix
>    Note that the Working Group is about to decide that this section needs
> rewrite because it must not look like an IANA registration.
>
> I also suggest to look at the rational section of a change proposal
> related to this:
>   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/User:Eoconnor/ISSUE-189#Rationale
>
> Philippe

Two observations:

a) in the meantime, the HTML WG chairs have decided to reject my CP and
to keep "web+" in the spec (see
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Aug/0115.html>)

b) all feedback I've seen over here seems to come from people either
active in the IETF, or both IETF and W3C; what are the next steps to
actually make progress now?

Best regards, Julian