Re: web+: enabling websites to expose services with custom URI schemes to registerProtocolHandler.

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 14:24:20 +0200
To: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>
CC: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, public-ietf-w3c@w3.org, Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
On 2012-08-01 20:37, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

For the record: I agree with what Peter said.

In addition I'd like to remind everyone that overloading parts of the
name this way can only be done once (there's only one prefix), and thus
affects all future URI scheme names. So *if* we did something like this,
it really should be done by the body responsible for scheme names (and
that's the difference to that +xml media type suffix Maciej mentioned
over on the HTML WG mailing list: it *was* introduced in an IETF spec).

Best regards, Julian