From: Graham Klyne [mailto:GK@ninebynine.org]
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2011 7:12 AM
To: public-ietf-w3c@w3.org
Subject: Re: minutes: W3C/IETF liaison call 2011-11-29

On 22/12/2011 19:09, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> * "happiana"
>
> Break-out session on registries at TPAC -- minutes unknown. (Proposed
> by Debbie
> Dahl.)
>
> Informal discussions at IETF 82, output expected in the next few
> weeks.
>
> ACTION: Peter to ping discussants about producing writeups / practical proposals.
>
> Mark wonders if we need a document about how and why to choose various
> registration poilcies when setting up a registry. Peter notes that
> Barry Leiba has worked on
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-leiba-iana-policy-update  and that
> Barry's work might get folded into the "bis" version of RFC 5226 in
> coordination with Michelle Cotton from IANA.

FWIW, and not to my knowledge part of the TPAC or IETF 82 discussions (I wasn't there), there's been some consensus about the possibility of augmenting IANA registries with FAQ wikis to help make the registration process for each registry easier to understand and follow.  I'm on the hook to prepare an initial FAQ for the message header registry.  Others may follow.

#g