Re: Status of draft-abarth-mime-sniff?

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 May 2010, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>> What's the status of this draft? It doesn't nominate an Intended Status,
>> nor is it being tracked by an Area Director, so its future in the IETF
>> isn't defined. Do you still consider its venue the IETF?
>
> So long as it is implemented interoperably, I don't really mind where it
> is published, personally. I defer to Adam, who has done most of the work
> on this draft so far (I just did the first bit, basically).

Philosophically, I think the IETF is the "right" venue for the
document, but I understand that it's politically unpopular.  Browser
vendors are converging on the algorithm in the draft, which is great.
I think it makes sense to publish it in a permanent form so that folks
years from now will know how this stuff works.  If you have advice for
how to make it more palatable to the IETF, I'd welcome your input.

Adam