Re: Coordination issue: vCard, iCalendar vs JavaScript contact and calendaring APIs

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 13:18:19 +0100
Cc: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>, public-ietf-w3c <public-ietf-w3c@w3.org>, aki.niemi@nokia.com, Eliot Lear <lear@cisco.com>, Kurt Zeilenga <kurt.zeilenga@isode.com>, Marc Blanchet <Marc.Blanchet@viagenie.ca>, Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Thanks, Mark.

I'd be particularly interested in hearing more about the relevant WGs' attitudes toward subsetting of the data formats defined.

I'll also note that the Device API WG's specifications will describe both APIs to manipulate calendaring and contact data, an a mapping of the vCard and iCalendar data models into JavaScript objects.  The latter might potentially turn into a canonical JSON mapping for these objects.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>