Coordination issue: vCard, iCalendar vs JavaScript contact and calendaring APIs

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 17:00:37 +0100
Cc: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>, Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, public-ietf-w3c <public-ietf-w3c@w3.org>, Frederick Hirsch <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
The Device API and Policy Working Group is drafting APIs to manipulate contact and calendar data.  I'd like to check in on how to best coordinate with whatever IETF efforts are going on in the space.

An FPWD for the contacts API has already been published:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-contacts-api-20100121/

I'll follow up with a pointer to the Calendaring API draft when it becomes available.

Thanks,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>