Re: W3C + IETF liaison [Was: Re: minutes W3C/IETF liaison teleconference 10 Jun 2008]

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 14:32:44 -0600
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: public-ietf-w3c <public-ietf-w3c@w3.org>

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 13:13 -0500, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Dan, All - I don't have a direct followup on these minutes but I am
> interested in W3C + IETF liaison activity. Besides this e-mail list,
> is there any type of charter or working mode document that describes/
> codifies this liaison?

Not really.

The W3C list of liaisons shows PLH and myself as liaisons to the IETF
  http://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison#IETF

and likewise the IETF web site shows Mark Nottingham as the liaison
to W3C.
  http://www.ietf.org/liaisonActivities.html

We do a certain amount of coordination by email, but for stuff
that doesn't get cleared up that way,
have these cross-organization meetings by phone 3x/year,
typically in preparation for the IETF ftf.

We have no technical decision-making mandate or anything remotely
like that. We push review requests around and encourage various
groups to pay attention to work in other groups... that sort
of thing.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E