suggestion re: media type registration

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:38:10 -0700
To: public-ietf-w3c@w3.org

Just curious -

Has the W3C considered a policy of registering media types in the vnd.
tree? E.g.,

It seems to me that this may help avoid some of the delays and overhead
with registration in the IETF tree*, and would encourage use of the
vnd. and prs. trees by example, so that people wouldn't be prejudiced
against them.

Just a thought,

* Although since my last post, I've had a report that vnd registration
with IANA is also quite slow and unpredictable...