Re: Pursuing question of mime types in W3C specifications and nextactions

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 15:32, Mark Baker wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 03:39:50PM -0400, Ian B. Jacobs wrote:
> > [1] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype
>
> I've asked around about whether this document represents an agreement
> between the relevant parties,

It was prepared at the request of some relevant IETF/W3C
folks, and after discussion among those folks, but it hasn't
been endorsed by anybody but Joseph (and you) in its present form.

I think I like it... hmm... Joseph, I don't see anything
explicit about "IANA considerations" in the internet draft;
did you leave that out on purpose?

> but so far all I've heard second hand is
> "I think so".
>
> Can anybody confirm, for the public record, that this is the Way?

Not yet.

> (FWIW, I'm very happy with it - it's simpler than even I was hoping for)

Good to know.