Re: comments on draft-newman-i18n-comparator-05.txt

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:12:35 +0900
To: Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@gulbrandsen.priv.no>, public-ietf-collation@w3.org
Cc: Philip Guenther <guenther+collation@sendmail.com>

At 17:34 05/09/22, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

 >We decided to adopt the draft as a WG draft, even though it's not
strictly speaking an IMAP matter. As a WG draft, it's within the domain of
a chair who's good at pushing people into doing reviews and good at
shepherding a draft to RFC.

I think this is great! This is the best way to get the draft
finally moving on at greater speed. I happen to know the chair,
and I agree with your description of her abilities.

On the other hand, I'm somewhat worried that the we may end up
with a draft that's perfect for IMAP, but doesn't work for other
protocols/formats/languages. Therefore, please make sure that
all discussion is (cross)posted to the public-ietf-collation@w3.org
list. This at least gives people from other venues a chance to
comment; if they miss that chance, then that's their fault.

Regards,    Martin.