Re: comments on draft-newman-i18n-comparator-05.txt

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@gulbrandsen.priv.no>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:34:35 +0200
To: public-ietf-collation@w3.org
Cc: Philip Guenther <guenther+collation@sendmail.com>

Arnt Gulbrandsen writes:
> First, we discussed the collators in the IMAPEXT WG in Paris in
> August. The draft is not moving and lots of IMAP work is blocked on
> it, so it was easy for the WG chair to hold people hostage: «If we
> don't work to get collators out as RFC, this group's work is blocked
> forever.» She's right: An RFC has been ready to publish since
> December 2003, it's just waiting for one definition in the collator
> draft.

Ah, crap, I accidentally deleted one paragraph instead of moving it. It
said roughly this:

We decided to adopt the draft as a WG draft, even though it's not
strictly speaking an IMAP matter. As a WG draft, it's within the domain
of a chair who's good at pushing people into doing reviews and good at
shepherding a draft to RFC.

Arnt