Re: [saag] Liking Linkability

On 10/18/12 12:56 PM, David Chadwick wrote:
> and if the user puts his/her email address attribute in the U-Prove
> token???

Then they've broken un-linkability since a mailto: scheme URI is the
ultimate unit of privacy compromise on today's Internet and Web, bearing
in mind the state of the underground personal information networks.
Every social network uses your mailto: scheme URI as a key component.
Even if they don't share this data with 3rd parties, other pieces of the
puzzle come together quite easily due to the fundamental semantics
associated with mailto: scheme URIs i.e., you only need to have them in
an inverseFunctionalProperty relationship for entropy to drive the rest
of the profile coalescence.

The world I envisage starts with the ability to generate (with ease)
X.509 certificates bearing WebIDs in their SAN slots. We will have many
such certificates for a variety of purposes. An email address or any
other overtly identifiable data isn't a mandatory component an X.509
certificate  :-)

If I want to send something that's only readable by You, I would encrypt
that email via S/MIME. When I make an access policy or resource ACL I
tend not to require email addresses, for instance [1].

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/Rbnayv -- some posts about the use of social entity
relationship semantics to constrain access to my personal data space on
the Web.

Kingsley

--

Regards,