Re: TLS-CCA. Was: Browser UI & privacy - a discussion with Ben Laurie

Hi David,

FWIW, a few of us have proposed a similar approach covering HTTP
authentication and JavaScript. [1] Others had also earlier gone
down the TLS route. [2]

I think there's definitely merit in investigating such approaches,
mainly because they don't need passwords, but also partly due to
the very thing to which you're objecting - any handling of user
names or identifiers can be part of the application and not a part
of some security infrastructure. (Maybe I've just developed too
many of those over the years:-)

Cheers,
S.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrell-httpbis-hoba