Re: TLS-CCA. Was: Browser UI & privacy - a discussion with Ben Laurie

On Oct 6, 2012, at 12:29 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> As long as Forge has entered the conversation I would also like to point to my own identity project:
>
> http://dswi.net/
>
> DSSID uses Forge for its crypto, but it uses a different protocol specifically designed to be simple for clients to integrate with.  Note: this code is not ready for production use.  Feedback and comments are welcome.
>
> Wow, looks really nice.

Thanks!  (Wait till you see the ECC code that I'm working on :-)

> If im not mistaken, it's quite similar to a web version of SSH?

Um, no.  All DSSID is put a private key in your browser so you can sign things.  SSH does a lot more than that.  (DSSID can import SSH keys though, so you can use your existing key if you want to.)

> Does this sole harry's unlinkability problem too?

(I presume you mean "solve").

Unlinkability is a very complicated issue.  I wouldn't say that DSSID "solves" it.  But DSSID is based on a premise that makes unlinkability possible: your DSSID identity *is* your key.  So it's straightforward to maintain multiple identities by having multiple keys.  The UI doesn't support that yet (that presents some very thorny design issues) but the protocol does.

rg