Re: Charter and the NetFlix UC

Also, the current (incomplete) draft spec for DOMCrypt is here:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Privacy/Features/DOMCryptAPISpec/Latest

Here is the sign and verify interface:

interface CryptoSign {
  void sign(ArrayBuffer keyID, ArrayBuffer plainText, PKSignCallback callback);
  void verify(ArrayBuffer signature, ArrayBuffer pubKey, ArrayBuffer plainText, PKVerifyCallback callback);
};

The browser stores your signing keys outside the reach of the unprivileged content DOM, you only have to provide the ID of the keypair. This discussion is useful as I have not specified an additional method that will be needed:

void GenerateSignatureKeyPair(long aAlgorithm, CSGenerateKeyPairCallback callback); // the callback is handed a keyID and publicKey

The thinking right now is that this API is bound by the same-origin policy. Which I think makes sense in order to control the scope. I am not too worried about incompatibility with older, onerous standards that are not in widespread use anyway. Perhaps I am naive? No, I know am naive, that is the only way I could have proposed this API:)

Regards,

David