Re: Charter and the NetFlix UC

On 2012-02-17 20:00, Ron Garret wrote:

<snip>
> It is possible that the solution to all our problems is simply to document signText.

I just mentioned that there are a bunch of "standards" out there already.

If I were to create a standard I would begin with researching these to see
if there is something worth stealing :-)

https://github.com/daviddahl/domcrypt/blob/master/demos/demo.js#L47

I don't know how window.mozCipher.pk.sign works but signText(v1996) uses X.509
certificates which I believe what is generally requested.

Anders

 I doubt it, but if you disagree the way to resolve the dispute is not to argue about it but to go write some documentation.