Re: Javascript Cryptography Considered Harmful

From: David Dahl <ddahl@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 13:36:03 -0700 (PDT)
To: John Kemp <john@jkemp.net>
Cc: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, public-identity@w3.org
John:

A key generated for origin A can never be used for origin B. In fact, the private keys are inaccessible to content JS entirely.

No doubt there are still issues, regardless. Web devs are leading here with very unsafe all-in-JS crypto primitives - and key handling. The main point is that DOMCrypt gives developers well-worn crypto primitives that have been in browsers for years.

Cheers,

David