Re: future of Identity on the Web

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 23:06:16 -0700
To: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
CC: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, public-identity@w3.org, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
On 10/25/11 10:58 PM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
> This scope of the group is not about standardizing BrowserID as a
> solution to begin with.

Hmmm, as I understand it, the scope does include standardizing JS APIs
along the lines of what BrowserID has proposed.

If not, please do let me know, as that will call into question my
participation. I'm not interested in yet another open-ended discussion
about identity-in-the-browser. If W3C prefers that Mozilla go it alone
for a while longer, I'm happy to bring that back to our team and
consider a more go-it-alone approach for now (though of course we will
continue to do everything in the open.)

-Ben