Re: future of Identity on the Web

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:44:36 -0700
To: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
CC: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, public-identity@w3.org, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
On 10/25/11 10:36 PM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
> I hope you see that at least the title of the group is completely
> confusing for most people.

I don't see that, but I don't care too much about the name, so if it
helps others, I'm perfectly happy with a change.

> With regards to the scope of the group: I believe the different work
> items proposed in the charter text have a different level of
> maturity.

I don't buy this argument. Didn't you criticize me last week at IIW for
not working sufficiently in the open on BrowserID? Which is it, then?
Should Mozilla go it alone, or should we work to standardize with other
folks?

-Ben