Re: Web Cryptography Working Group scoping progressing...

Channy Yun wrote:
> 3) Some of functions as like key pare generation and digital signature
> generation require browser's user interface. It needs universal
> interface guideline for security issues.

Are smartcard digital signatures on transactions like the ones required in e-commerce / e-banking transactions in Korea, China, and elsewhere (tied to "real" legal identities) going to be considered in scope? From reading the draft scope document, I got the impression that this would be out of scope. I think it is OK for it to be out of scope, as long as there is some other (formal or informal) group working on standardizing this. It is a high priority for us.

Cheers,
Brian