Re: On-line Bank Auth. Was: Privacy

On 31/07/2011 19:09, Mo McRoberts wrote:

> One “solution” which seems to be gaining traction in the banking
> sector is Trusteer Rapport, which I'm having real trouble
> distinguishing from malware.

not surprising, since the UK SME that produces it seems to believe more
in security through obscurity rather than on using published open, and
rigorously validated security protocols and algorithms. When I spoke to
one of their directors, he was not willing to reveal anything about how
it works

regards

David

> M.

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
School of Computing, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF
Skype Name: davidwchadwick
Tel: +44 1227 82 3221
Fax +44 1227 762 811
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184