Re: white paper of proposed architecture for NSTIC

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 12:33:31 +0200
Cc: fcorella@pomcor.com, public-identity@w3.org, "Karen P. Lewison" <kplewison@pomcor.com>
To: Mo McRoberts <Mo.McRoberts@bbc.co.uk>

On 20 Jul 2011, at 12:14, Mo McRoberts wrote:

>> Really all the browser people need to do is work on the UI.
>
> Please don't underestimate how vast a piece of work that really is — I know it's not your focus, but to characterise it as “all they need to do is…” falls well short of conveying how serious a problem it is.

I completely agree that that is a lot more complex that it sounds :-) The problem is that if the issue is UI and the developers keep working at protocols, then they are working in the wrong area. A bit like if there were an electric problem relating to a leak in the roof, and the electricians were constantly being called to rewire the house.

Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/