RE : New "Goals" (use-cases) - Is your use-case there, accurately described?

From: GALINDO Virginie <Virginie.GALINDO@gemalto.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 17:16:21 +0100
To: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>, "public-identity@w3.org" <public-identity@w3.org>
Dear all,

coming back from 3 weeks and trying to unstack the  mails related  to the Crypto Web API. I will try to give gemalto view on each of the open and living thread.

On the usecases, I feel that the list mentionned in the current version of the charter is large enough to drive the appropriate requirements. I would have  liked to  see the "corporate security" market segment mentionned, in addition to the financial segment. Apart from that I think that the key basic uses are listed :
- authentication of user, application, device, library
- secure storage
- support to secure communication (meaning on the fly encyption/decryption)

Anyway, I think that this is just an indicative list to feed the work on the actual developent of usecases and requirements.

Regards,
Virginie
gemalto