Re: "Korean bank" use-case - Rejected?

From: Channy Yun <channy@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 00:42:39 +0900
To: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren@telia.com>
Cc: "public-identity@w3.org" <public-identity@w3.org>
2011/12/8 Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren@telia.com>

> This use-case (in order to be meaningful) covers all aspects of a key's
> life:
> from enrollment, to usage, renewals and revocation.

This can be separated primary and secondary area. Mos impoartant part of
Korean use-cases is generationg of *digital signature* with user
certificate in anywhere. Key management can be served by third party
extensions or oneself in key manament option in browers.

> I do not think this group is properly equipped to deal with such a wide
> scope
> but if somebody wants to take it up, please do!

If someone can afford to try to do, I think it can be do this in working
group too. Many crypto-geeks can be volunteers. BTW, where is VeriSign? :)

> Experiences from other consortium's like the Information Card Foundation
> indicates that the interest in publicly dealing with on-line banking
> technology
> is moderate; it has always been a "consultant paradise".

You're right. There are many companies to support banks technically in
Korea too. But, many counties have already "law" for digital signature,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_signatures_and_law. It means it's
standards area in web applications too.

Channy