From: "Ron Garret" <ron@flownet.com>
To: "Anders Rundgren" <anders.rundgren@telia.com>
Cc: public-identity@w3.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:08:01 AM
Subject: Re: JSON Description Language

I don't know.  This page:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Privacy/Features/DOMCryptAPISpec/Latest

claims to be the latest version of the DOMCrypt spec, but it makes no mention of JSON.  This page:

http://mozilla.ddahl.com/domcrypt/demos/demo.html

says "Latest Developments - JSON data persistence for a user's default encryption credentials" but I can't find any more details.

> I suggested that such objects should have a unique name (space).  It costs
> virtually nothing and would open the door to better language bindings
> and simplified validation.
>
> This need is by no means limited to "security objects" but writing security
> protocols without such mechanisms doesn't IMHO completely feel like 2011.

I'm still confused.  JSON is just a serialization/deserialization standard for numbers, strings, vectors, and associative maps (a.k.a. dictionaries).  What would it even mean for there to be a "namespace" for such a thing?

rg