Re: JSON Description Language

Ah.

It is true that DOMCrypt produces and parses data objects in the JSON format.  However, the semantics of these objects is fundamentally different from the kinds of objects that you are dealing with in "your world".  The J in JSON stands for Javascript, and it's there for a reason: JSON is (or at least started out as) a serialization for Javascript objects, and actually for only a subject of possible Javascript objects, specifically strings, numbers, arrays and dictionaries.  There is, for example, no JSON serialization for Dates, Objects, Functions, RegExps, etc. etc.  So, for example, JSON objects do not have a class name because the objects for which they are serializations are not members of classes.  And this would be true even if JSON included serializations for ALL Javascript objects because Javascript's object system is based on prototypes, not classes.

It is possible to layer a class-based object system on top of the Javascript object system.  There are a number of such systems (e.g. http://www.sencha.com/learn/sencha-class-system).  But standardizing that sort of thing seems to me pretty clearly outside the scope of this group.

rg