Re: JSON Description Language

From: Ron Garret <ron@flownet.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 19:31:20 -0800
Cc: "public-identity@w3.org" <public-identity@w3.org>
To: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren@telia.com>

On Dec 5, 2011, at 6:51 PM, Anders Rundgren wrote:

> The following is related to DOMCrypt and similar...
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4627

It is?  What does JSON have to do with DOMCrypt?

> Having a strong background in XML schema authoring I'm slightly
> puzzled by the enthusiasm of using "secure" objects that (seem) to
> have no notion of explicit (built-in) name-spaces or a description
> language.

I'm puzzled in what sense you think that JSON is "secure".  The only security claim made for JSON that I know of is that it can be safely parsed by the Javascript eval() function.

Can you please clarify why you think this is relevant to this group?

rg