Re: W3C Internationalization Initiative Participation Request

Alex, the challenges you describe in providing a global product are
faced by all who deliver to an international market.  The focus of the
World Wide Web Consortium's Internationalization Program is to assure
that the Web provides the necessary technologies to make it possible to
render content in the forms expected by citizens in their own locale.

W3C would be happy for AccuWeather's engineers to work with us to
identify and address required capabilities of the core Web technologies.
  W3C itself is a consortium of member organizations, currently
numbering over 470, who work together to improve the standards that
enable Web developers to produce content that works with any
standards-compliant browser or other application.  Membership fees
support the work of the Consortium.

The W3C membership application [1] is a quick process of just a few
steps.   I will be happy to connect you with someone to assist with
those steps.  W3C is not, however, able to provide financial sponsorship
to organizations for our activities.

Please let me know what additional questions you may have.

Regards,
-Ralph Swick
  W3C Internationalization Program and COO