W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-ws@w3.org > October 2004

WSTF Teleconference Notes

From: Addison Phillips [wM] <aphillips@webmethods.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:10:24 -0700
To: <public-i18n-ws@w3.org>
Message-ID: <PNEHIBAMBMLHDMJDDFLHAEEMILAA.aphillips@webmethods.com>

Attending: Mary, Andrea, Martin, Addison (chair, scribe)

Action Items:

  Martin: send note to Martin Gudgin (XMLP) accepting their text to close issue 502 (done during meeting)
  Addison (Andrea, others): Attend XMLP meeting to close issue 501 next Wednesday, 8:30 AM PDT
  Addison: Update Requirements and send publication straw poll out
  Addison: Send link to the WS-CC Workshop presentation and paper again

IRC session follows:

*** Now talking in #i18n.
*** Users on #i18n: apphillips MJDuerst 
*** End of /NAMES list.
*** Mode for channel #i18n is "+"
*** Channel #i18n was created at Thu Oct 21 05:01:14 2004 
*** Inviting Zakim to channel #i18n.
*** Zakim (rrs-bridgg@128.30.52.30) has joined channel #i18n
<apphillips> zakim, this will be i18n 
<Zakim> ok, apphillips; I see I18N_WSTF()7:00PM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
<Zakim> I18N_WSTF()7:00PM has now started
<Zakim> +apphillips
<apphillips> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2004Oct/0010.html 
<Zakim> +[IBM]
<apphillips> http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/Admin/ 
<MJDuerst> zakim, dial Martin-617
<Zakim> ok, MJDuerst; the call is being made
<Zakim> +Martin
*** avine (c0127ff6@128.30.52.23) has joined channel #i18n
<apphillips> howdy Andrea. 
<avine> Hi there, should I call in?
<apphillips> Please. 
<Zakim> +[Sun]
<apphillips> zakim, Sun is avine 
<Zakim> +avine; got it
<avine> discussion of base64 encoding issue
<apphillips> (this is item 501) 
<MJDuerst> looking at issue 502, new text from Martin Gudgin is okay
<apphillips> agree that base64 is okay? 
<apphillips> (for transporting text) 
<apphillips> issue 502 for a second: text from M.Gudgin is not legible by normal humans (personal observation) 
<apphillips> okay 501: 
<apphillips> "they have something in mind" in writing this, but others may use this for a variety of purposes (including unintended) 
<MJDuerst> Action Martin Duerst to tell M. Gudgin that we are okay with the new text
<apphillips> (point out "EDI usage scenario"??) 
<apphillips> using for text is a bad idea. 
<apphillips> need to make it work for text anyway 
<apphillips> C-T is the key to that? 
<apphillips> http://www.w3.org/International/ws/ws-i18n-requirements-edit/Overview.xml 
<apphillips> (Discussion of requirements document) 
<apphillips> AP: changed Feature to features, etc. 
<apphillips> Are we ready to approve with modifications? 
<apphillips> Yes. 
<apphillips> Addison will update WSDL terminology, post document, inform list, and ask for thumbs up/down to publish as Note. 
<apphillips> ---- 
<apphillips> Other business. 
<apphillips> (BTW> Martin's AI is now complete) 
<apphillips> talked about the WS-CC workshop 
<apphillips> mention of LW-SF presentation 
<apphillips> careful examination of folks at WS-CC from different WG participants. 
*** Signoff: avine (Quit: CGI:IRC (EOF))
<Zakim> -avine
<Zakim> -[IBM]
<Zakim> -apphillips
<Zakim> -Martin
<Zakim> I18N_WSTF()7:00PM has ended
<Zakim> Attendees were apphillips, [IBM], Martin, [Sun], avine

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
webMethods | Delivering Global Business Visibility
http://www.webMethods.com
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
Chair, W3C-I18N-WG, Web Services Task Force
http://www.w3.org/International

Internationalization is an architecture. 
It is not a feature.
Received on Friday, 22 October 2004 00:11:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:53 GMT