RE: Closing Issue 502 ( was RE: Issue 502 is closed )

Speaking for myself; my understanding from the issue raised was that
IRIs contain actual Unicode octets outside the ASCII range, hence the
examples you provided. xs:anyURI allows this. The type of the attribute
in question is xs:anyURI. The HTTP spec clearly disallows this as only
ASCII characters are allowed in the URI portion, hence the encoding as
UTF-8 using %HH

If you really believe that IRI == Unicode octets == ASCII encoded
unicode octets then I really don't understand your original issue
because as far as I can tell ALL three versions of the text we have
provided to you would allow one or more of the two encodings. Out
original text in the CR spec allowed both. The first amended version
provided to you allowed ASCII encoded unicode octets, the latest version
allows both.

So I don't understand your concern. You wanted the spec to allow IRIs.
As far as I can tell, given your definiton below, it always has.

Gudge