RE: Issue with language codes and locale codes

I think Martin's point is: when setting Accept-Language to get the best match for locale selection, you want the most specific tag (en-Latn-US-boont). When setting Accept-Language to get the best match for language content selection, you want the least specific tag for the job (en). In the Web services sphere this enhances the argument for not using the transport's metadata structure and for the creation of a WS-International type standard.

In passing, I should note that the extension mechanism is our Internet-Draft helps bridge this gap: locale extensions are ignored in that context, so one can specify a less exact language and yet still add locale ornamentation to the tag.

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.