Re: WSTF Teleconference Meeting Notes

A quick pass over the document seems to indicate that the following sections
need text:

5.3 Providing Support for Locale Patterns
5.4 SOAP Header Structures
5.6 SOAP Faults and the Reason Text Element
5.7 UDDI Search and Multilingual Text
5.8 Introspection Service Signature When Generating WSDL
6.1 use locale neutral data structures
6.2.1 JIS sort vs. Unicode sort
6.2.2 e.g. curses
6.3 natural language text search
6.3.1 keyword searching
6.3.2 "like"
6.3.3 e.g. search "Dürst" should return "Duerst" as well (in German)
6.4 Human-Readable Text in Web Services
6.4.1 structuring records
6.4.2 enumerated values and object naming
6.4.2.1 use of default English-like names
6.4.2.2 allowing for "display names" vs. internal names vs. aliases
6.5.2 Selecting Locale or Language
6.5.2.1 Metadata
6.5.2.2 Separate Bindings per Language
6.5.2.3 Separate Services per Language
6.5.2.4 Separate Servers per Language
6.5.2.5 Language Preference in Service Signature
6.5.2.6 Guess (there's an elaborate example that follows this but I don't see
how it relates exactly)
6.6 Data Structures
6.6.1 Times and Time Zones
6.6.3 Holidays, Work Rules and Locale-Specific Date Values
6.7 Regimes
6.7.1 tax, customs, legal, and other considerations
6.9 Transports
6.9.1 HTTP Accept-Language
6.9.2 FTP
6.9.3 SMTP
6.9.3.1 MIME tags
8 complex scenarios? choreography/BPEL/layering/etc.

Mike has volunteered for 6.3.  In looking at the blank sections, I'm a little
confused as to the intention of several of them, and whether existing scenarios
will be moved there.

Would it be possible for Addison and Tex to provide some input on what is
intended for the major section numbers?

Andrea

--
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
-Bjarne Stroustrup, designer of C++ programming language (1950- )